Responsible for managing Engineering Manager (NPD) projects of a regional product development and technical support group for the Asia Pacific region. The new products will be suitable for applications in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. Products will include heat tracing cables, accessories and related products, some of which are manufactured in China and overseas. Some products will be adaptions of existing North American and European based products to meet local Asia Pacific codes, standards and market needs.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
1. Manage Engineering Manager (NPD) projects as the project leader.
2. Prepare business cases in collaboration with Product Managers.
3. Prepare project plans and budgets in collaboration with Product Manager and Project Team.
4. Provide weekly facilitation and roll-up of project status: task completion, spending status, and issue emergence.
5. Prepare milestone documentation as required by the Quality system.
6. Provide Project Management Skills training to Product Managers/Marketing/Technical teams at regular intervals (semi-annual to quarterly) for the development of other Project Leaders capable of NPD project leadership.
7. Provide Project Management facilitation to Project Leaders for the preparation of detailed project plans, development of monitoring strategies, business case analysis, and retrospectives.
8. Be the Asia Pacific NPD champion for the Pentair 3D (Discover, Design, Deploy) process
9. Some travel required.
1. Technical Degree (BS) in Engineering or Physical Sciences. Minimum of 8years' experience in engineering, product design, or manufacturing processes with demonstrated project management skills
2. Excellent project planning and execution skills
3. Must be a team player with strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Other Desired Skills:
1. Meeting Management and Teleconferencing
2. Project Planning
3. Metrics Development
4. Financial Analysis
5. Problem Solving
6. Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
7. Leadership and Collaboration
1. Lean concepts and techniques
2. Microsoft tools: Project, SharePoint, Visio, Excel, Word, Outlook, and Communicator
3. Preference for experience in multinational companies and managing product development activities using cross functional teams and stage gate processes.
Must have strong English language skills